What's new

GT-AXE11000 Region change

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha2002

New Around Here
Hi, anyone know how to change region on GT-AXE11000, I can't find that setting in Professional mode(Advanced_WAdvanced_Content.asp).
If i use developer console, i can see it's just a line in code that says Region(region_tr) and don't have any selection available, and of course is display:none set.
The main problem why i want to change the region, because router shows WiFi 6E AP, but no devices(phone and Laptops) can see it.
Already tried latest firmware from ASUS and Merlin(right now i'm on).
Any suggestions?

Hi, anyone know how to change region on GT-AXE11000, I can't find that setting in Professional mode(Advanced_WAdvanced_Content.asp).
If i use developer console, i can see it's just a line in code that says Region(region_tr) and don't have any selection available, and of course is display:none set.
The main problem why i want to change the region, because router shows WiFi 6E AP, but no devices(phone and Laptops) can see it.
Any suggestions?

If you have enabled use of 5.0 DFS bands, the router must first scan for RADAR before broadcasting... make sure you wait long enough, 5 minutes or so. Or, disable using 160MHz bandwidth and DFS control channels on the 5.0 WLAN(s).

OE

Ok, so how is possible to troubleshoot problem with WiFi 6E ?

The 6GHz band has to be allowed in your country first otherwise it won’t work. Your devices have to support Wi-Fi 6E second. Not sure why you have purchased this router when GT-AX11000 Pro is newer and better hardware with usable today radios. Wi-Fi 6E is dead with Wi-Fi 7 coming later this year. 6E router now is money invested in nothing.

The 6GHz band has to be allowed in your country first otherwise it won’t work. Your devices have to support Wi-Fi 6E second. Not sure why you have purchased this router when GT-AX11000 Pro is newer and better hardware with usable today radios. Wi-Fi 6E is dead with Wi-Fi 7 coming later this year. 6E router now is money invested in nothing.
Wifi 7 in China dont have 6GHz band because government is not allow, so 6E better than 7 in China

Make sure that the laptops that are trying to see it are running Windows 11 since Windows 10 doesn't support WiFi 6E

"Microsoft recently announced that they are not backporting WiFi 6E support to Windows 10. Even if you have a WiFi 6E-capable network adapter, if your PC uses Windows 10, you can't use WiFi 6E until you upgrade to Windows 11"

My router was purchased in 2021 and until WiFi 7 is available I will use it!
The problem is that after once I turned off 6 GHz, it never turned on again. Resetting the router and resetting the settings does not help turn it on.
P.S.
Mi 11 Ultra, Samsung S22, 210NGW card on Win11 not see that 6E

My router was purchased in 2021 and until WiFi 7 is available I will use it!
The problem is that after once I turned off 6 GHz, it never turned on again. Resetting the router and resetting the settings does not help turn it on.
P.S.
Mi 11 Ultra, Samsung S22, 210NGW card on Win11 not see that 6E
I have been using an AXE11000 for quite a while. I finally got a phone that can use 6E (oneplus11) and initially it could not see the 6E band. My naming convention for SSIDs included an underscore character. The phone could not see the 6E SSID but could see the others even though all included an underscore character. After removing the underscore underscore character from the SSID the phone was able to see, connect to and use the 6E. Weird.

This is amazing! I guess, you type much faster now and Instagram/YouTube are on another level.
I can now make typos 3 times as fast as any of my colleagues. The only thing it is actually useful for is very large downloads. Other than that the 2.4 was fine

very large downloads

Very large downloads on a phone? How often and how much faster than 5GHz band? Your post above sound like "Asus marketing screwed me up with this router, but at least I found something to connect to this extra radio I paid for". Hopefully you get another 6E client in 2024.

Wifi 7 in China dont have 6GHz band because government is not allow, so 6E better than 7 in China
If you look at this article published by Qualcomm:

'Wi-Fi 6E introduced a dramatic expansion of wide-channel spectrum use, with multiple 160 MHz channels available in any region where 6 GHz spectrum is allocated. Wi-Fi 7 doubles the possible channel bandwidth to 320 MHz. This doubles the theoretical capacity and significantly improves user data speeds.

Some regions can support three channels of 320 MHz contiguous spectrum, others one, and some none at all. The 5 GHz band doesn’t have a contiguous 320 MHz channel, so only regions supporting 6 GHz can support this contiguous mode. High Band Simultaneous Multi-Link offers wider effective channels by aggregating two available channels. A 320 MHz effective channel can be created by combining two 160 MHz channels in the high bands. In China, High Band Simultaneous Multi-Link enables a 240 MHz effective channel, fulfilling the Extremely High Throughput promise of Wi-Fi 7, even without the availability of 6 GHz spectrum allocation.'

I think this applies to all regions where authorities have yet to approve the use of the 6 Ghz band.

The PRC's Xiaomi launched the world's first Wifi 7 smartphones and 10G router last month as well.

Xiaomi phones and router to be upgraded to Wi-Fi 7 - TechNodeTechNodehttps://technode.com › 2023/02/07 › xiaomi-13-series...

Any suggestions?
They used to have the region setting in the older routers such as the AC68U, but not on the new ones.
Their performance on WiFi is mediocre compared to the Netgear Routers.

Even on the new Netgear RAXE500, which I recently got, lets me choose any region closer to me, such as Australia, HongKong, Europe etc. Also, I have access to more channels on Netgear router.

I would love to keep the ASUS only because of that extra feature which Netgear doesn't have, and that is OpenVPN routing on the router but the WiFi usually on those routers have poor signal strength, and the stability on them is Dog shiit.

Imagine, paying $500 for the Flagship model only for experiencing poor WiFi performance.

I think when it comes to phones the region is set by the client devices - at least on some Android phones the modem firmware dictates whether 6Ghz bands can be seen.

OTOH, I do find this particular model's 6Ghz implementation wonky. As of the latest Merlin beta build the 6Ghz band is still unstable on some devices. Sometimes they just won't discover the 6Ghz hotspot, other times the connection lasts only less than a minute before dropping and falling back to 5Ghz hotspot. I really don't know if it's because of HW or firmware (this model was released back in Aug 2020 and unlike newer models used an old Broadcom chip. I believe it delivers similar perf to the AX88U I replaced.)

and the stability on them is Dog shiit

If everything was right - no SNB Forum. Where is the entertainment? Asus router is like a pet - you have to take care of it. You have to make the bond and it will show you some love. Your Asus router doesn't know you and it is perhaps afraid of you. Play with it more, feed it different firmware. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.