What's new

Guest network (IoT) and network time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This may not be the right thread for this, but the closest I could find so please forgive my ignorance.

I don't use Yazfi (highly considering but just haven't had time to dive into), but have used Guest wifi for a while to isolate IoT devices I don't trust. I used to set both 2.4 and 5ghz to the same SSID and I allowed the guest network on AI mesh nodes as well. Maybe this has something to do with an older unit (AC86U) as a node, but when I use this setting, I have some major latency issues and devices dropping / reconnecting constantly on my main and guest SSIDs. Once I set the guest networks to router only, no issues. I had this issue whether I used stock or Merlin FW on the primary router with the last couple versions that have been released.

Again not sure this is the right place for this, and I'll happily move if someone feels this is better for another thread, but wanted to throw this observation out there for anyone having challenges with the guest network and AI mesh nodes.