What's new

Guest WiFi Internet Access Suddenly Stopped

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mocamaster

Occasional Visitor
Hey all, I have an AX88U Pro 3.0.0.6.102_32843 running as the main router with two AC68U in AiMesh mode (both on 3.0.0.4.386_51668). Today out of nowhere my guest networks internet access stopped working.

I deleted both and recreated them and no matter what I can't get internet access regardless if I toggle on/off "Access Intranet".

Has anyone run into this same issue? It started this evening and now I can't get my Guest Networks to access internet. I updated to 3.0.0.6.102_32843 for the AX88U and AC68U 3.0.0.4.386_51668 on December 8th and everything has been working fine until now.
Thank you for any insights. 🙏

Here is the funny part, while connected to the Guest WiFi network I am able to search Google and get results but I can't load any of the sites. So search results work on google but not loading the sites. DNS?

Last edited:
Resolved: Once I created the Guest Networks again in Guest Network Pro I noticed that there was no DNS specified. So the google app on my phone could query search results because I guess the Google app knows it's DNS 8.8.8.8. Once I entered a DNS for my Guest Networks they were able to get internet access again. I have no idea what triggered the change today to my guest networks but I am glad I solved it and I hope it helps someone else out there.

Guest Network Pro > Select Guest Network > Advanced Settings > DNS Server > Enter your DNS IPs.

Resolved: Once I created the Guest Networks again in Guest Network Pro I noticed that there was no DNS specified. So the google app on my phone could query search results because I guess the Google app knows it's DNS 8.8.8.8. Once I entered a DNS for my Guest Networks they were able to get internet access again. I have no idea what triggered the change today to my guest networks but I am glad I solved it and I hope it helps someone else out there.

Guest Network Pro > Select Guest Network > Advanced Settings > DNS Server > Enter your DNS IPs.

I wonder why 'connect to DNS server automatically' did not work... maybe a firmware defect.

OE