What's new

Guest Wireless DHCP Settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drewski22785

Occasional Visitor
I am trying to see if there is a way to specify what subnet the guest network uses for DHCP configuration?

My goal would be to set DHCP setting for each guest SSID and or share between SSID potentially?

I can't find anything specifically in documentation that references this.

I did however find this link to what appear to be a plugin to the Merlin code. Is there a better way to do it then this add on? If not does anyone have experience with this addon? Thanks!

I am trying to see if there is a way to specify what subnet the guest network uses for DHCP configuration?

My goal would be to set DHCP setting for each guest SSID and or share between SSID potentially?

I can't find anything specifically in documentation that references this.

I did however find this link to what appear to be a plugin to the Merlin code. Is there a better way to do it then this add on? If not does anyone have experience with this addon? Thanks!
YazFi appears to be what you seek.

Welcome to the forum.

if you have RMerlin connect via Putty (ssh) and type amtm - this is special module that have a lot useful addons like YazFi

YazFi is what you seek like the others said. You can either install it stand alone, or use AMTM to install it.
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi

The big YazFi thread in the Merlin Add-Ons subforum.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/yazfi-v4-x.70308/

There is even a way to do DHCP reservations for YazFi Guest WiFi clients.
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/wi...e-and-ARP-records#a-note-on-dhcp-reservations

There are a few of us who have been using YazFi for a while now. Works great. Couple of things to be aware of. You need to use different IP address ranges for each of the Guest WiFi IP address ranges and they cannot be the same as each other or the main LAN IP address range. If you have trouble using Guest 1, then move your YazFi Guest WiFi clients to Guest 2 and or Guest 3. In some cases, depending on one's router configuration, Guest 1 is reserved for, or used by, AiMesh (if I remember right). One can either use the command line interface to configure YazFi or the GUI page that is added to the Guest WiFi section in the Asus Merlin GUI interface. And the YazFi Guest Wifi client will not be listed in the Network Map section, instead one can view the connected clients on the Guest Network > YazFi GUI page, or on the System Log > WiFi Log page, or issue the SSH command (cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases) to view the connected clients. And currently YazFi does not work on AiMesh nodes. (Click here and here for Jack Yaz's comment on that)

If one doesn't want to use the YazFi add-on then one has to dig into issuing scripting commands to accomplish what you seek. The Asus firmware and Asus Merlin firmware GUI's generally doesn't currently allow much control over certain Guest WiFi settings like using different IP address ranges or setting different DNS servers for them.

Last edited: