What's new

Hard Crash With iptable Entries AC86U 384.8 alpha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well, since I've had other issue with the newer loads, I'll just stay with your test load. Plus, it's easier for trying to get the mirroring to work, and if successful, not have to modprobe in the event of a reboot.

I finally decided to be happy with what is possible.
I connected the 2nd NIC in the machine and assigned it an IP. Made some changes to the Apache ports so it wouldn't look at the mirrored traffic. Presto! I have what I've been working for. The weather station data goes to the weewx server and also reaches its other destinations on the Internet.
I do have a problem with this.
First, unless and until TEE is built into another load, I am frozen with @john9527 test load. Not a huge deal for me.
Second, where oh where can I find some good info on dual nics with the same subnet on one Linux machine? The default route is not, of course, not the 'main' IP (.115). Which does raise issues with a few things. Luckily, not the Apache server.

Here's what I have done in the router (scripts/firewall-start). Thanks for all the assistance and patience guys!
Code:
#!/bin/sh
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 10.10.100.121 -j TEE --gateway 10.10.100.170
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d 10.10.100.121 -j TEE --gateway 10.10.100.170