1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Hard Crash With iptable Entries AC86U 384.8 alpha

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by GHammer, Oct 28, 2018.

1. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

2. GHammer

GHammer Senior Member

Well, since I've had other issue with the newer loads, I'll just stay with your test load. Plus, it's easier for trying to get the mirroring to work, and if successful, not have to modprobe in the event of a reboot.

3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

4. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

Hmmm.....it's there now ;)

5. GHammer

GHammer Senior Member

I finally decided to be happy with what is possible.
    I connected the 2nd NIC in the machine and assigned it an IP. Made some changes to the Apache ports so it wouldn't look at the mirrored traffic. Presto! I have what I've been working for. The weather station data goes to the weewx server and also reaches its other destinations on the Internet.
    I do have a problem with this.
    First, unless and until TEE is built into another load, I am frozen with @john9527 test load. Not a huge deal for me.
    Second, where oh where can I find some good info on dual nics with the same subnet on one Linux machine? The default route is not, of course, not the 'main' IP (.115). Which does raise issues with a few things. Luckily, not the Apache server.

Here's what I have done in the router (scripts/firewall-start). Thanks for all the assistance and patience guys!
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s 10.10.100.121 -j TEE --gateway 10.10.100.170
    iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d 10.10.100.121 -j TEE --gateway 10.10.100.170