What's new

hard reset with TPG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try it :)

You can also use the IP, if that is the correct default for your router. Essentially, it 8s the same thing. The router has a built in default to equate router.asus.com to its default IP. This allows for consistency across Asus routers where the default IP can change (some are 192.168.0.1, some are 192.168.1.1, some are 192.168.50.1,..). You can also tell by checking the IP of your client after ensuring you refresh your DHCP address.

Try it :)

You can also use the IP, if that is the correct default for your router.
Ok thanks I can't try it now because the war office is streaming video and if I don't want world war three I need to wait thanks for your help I really appreciate it.I hate having to pull out the old mac it's so old I don't even know why it is still in the house and not in the bin

Actually, just pulling up the router login screen should not have any effect on any ongoing network traffic so no world war 3. You will be able to see if that works or not.

Actually, just pulling up the router login screen should not have any effect on any ongoing network traffic so no world war 3. You will be able to see if that works or not.
No but I want to try it when it is not connected to the modem you know without internet access

I have tried just now entering,router.asus.com and I know it should bring me to the router logon page but it doesn't .Instead it opens up a web page with various Asus router setup links.Of course it does work if I enter the IP address and I know it should work but I just get the information pages

O
I have tried just now entering,router.asus.com and I know it should bring me to the router logon page but it doesn't .Instead it opens up a web page with various Asus router setup links.Of course it does work if I enter the IP address and I know it should work but I just get the information pages
one of the links even says enter www.router.Asus.com to get to the logon page but it just opens up another page telling me to do it again.Strange days indeed

A
Oone of the links even says enter www.router.Asus.com to get to the logon page but it just opens up another page telling me to do it again.Strange days indeed
Actually having read one of the links it says Asus now preconfigures their routers to use the domain name instead of the IP address to simplify things.I have had this rt ac 88 u for at least three years so I assume mine is not preconfigured as such

Sounds like your browser is doing a "search" rather than resolving the address, probably due to your DNS settings.

I've edited a previous post to add that the only step I didn't explicitly mention is that after you reset your router, you need to connect to the default SSID. All these steps and all this information is in the Quick Setup Guide for your router, which you can download from Asus if you don't have it. :) Look for the page titled "Setting up your router using a mobile device" (or similar).

Last edited:
Sounds like your browser is doing a "search" rather than resolving the address, probably due to your DNS settings.

I've edited a previous post to add that the only step I didn't explicitly mention is that after you reset your router, you need to connect to the default SSID. All these steps and all this information is in the Quick Setup Guide for your router, which you can download from Asus if you don't have it. :)
Ok thanks again I do appreciate your patience and understanding

I've edited a previous post to add that the only step I didn't explicitly mention is that after you reset your router, you need to connect to the default SSID. All these steps and all this information is in the Quick Setup Guide for your router, which you can download from Asus if you don't have it. :) Look for the page titled "Setting up your router using a mobile device" (or similar).
Ok my better half has just swapped to local tv so I pulled the plug (wan) and yes I could log in to its homepage. I don't know what to say but my bad. In the past, I have had trouble doing just that. Maybe I just lost patience and pulled out the mac instead. All good now thanks again.

All good now thanks again.

Always a good day when you learn something new, or things work as they are supposed to.

For future reference, here is the page from my manual that covers this stuff. Yours should be the same. Once you get to the router setup, then you start to enter the info for your ISP etc.

Cheers

Attachments

• QSG-P12.pdf
    147 KB · Views: 158
Always a good day when you learn something new, or things work as they are supposed to.

For future reference, here is the page from my manual that covers this stuff. Yours should be the same. Once you get to the router setup, then you start to enter the info for your ISP etc.

Cheers
Yes it is and I am keen to learn about this stuff.This forum has taught me a lot thanks again RGDS Roy

Ok so I figured out why I haven't been able to log in to my router after a factory reset and you are spot on.I just did a hard reset and in the past I have been entering my routers IP address into the search bar and not the address bar at the top of the google page, this time I entered it into the address bar and it logged straight in . Thanks for the tip