What's new

Hate to bring up an old topic, but...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Swistheater

Very Senior Member
Does any one know what could cause acsd to go hay wire. I have only had issues with it once and it just started happening recently. i have had it happen twice where i have had to go in and end acsd with htop because of strange behavior where it was using up cpu resources. Note: this isn't a critical issue for me, but i just recently started to experience this bug like behavior and i went and did forum research and found a couple of threads where people suggest turning on and off WPS or turning off and on QOS or even setting a specific channel, but those solutions never really made the problem go away, they just temporarily fixed it. I am looking more so for ways to troubleshoot the issue v.s solutions. it is just recently on one of the new betas that i noticed the behavior forming. does the problem just go away eventually?

Last edited:
^^^ Ditto. That approach has worked for me for many years. I do not live an denser apartment setting but I can see many of the routers in my neighbor's houses. I use InSSIDer (or similar wireless scanners available now on phones etc.. ) to survey and then pick my channels around that. I recall SNB having several articles around why this approach works better and which channels you should pick given what you find. I also think the ASUS/Merlin firmware can do a site survey. I've just not used it b/c I have other tooling.

^^^ Ditto. That approach has worked for me for many years. I do not live an denser apartment setting but I can see many of the routers in my neighbor's houses. I use InSSIDer (or similar wireless scanners available now on phones etc.. ) to survey and then pick my channels around that. I recall SNB having several articles around why this approach works better and which channels you should pick given what you find. I also think the ASUS/Merlin firmware can do a site survey. I've just not used it b/c I have other tooling.
How do you get Merlin firmware to do a site survey?