What's new

Have a New Dog Health Monitoring Collar, using WiFi and Cellular for reporting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wayne Hutchinson

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my dog's health collar, made by PetPace. It is said to use WiFi, Cellular(4G LT Cat-M1 and BT with GPS(location) for reporting data to servers for analysis.

As part of it's initial setup, it asks for access to my WiFi network along with it's password but when I check my Asus GT-AX11000 router I cannot find any IP address issued for the collar yet it is reporting data to servers.

TS tells me it is working via WiFi and servers are getting data as expected from the collar.

Is there anyway a device can send data out by WiFi without a DHCP issued IP address?

I am mystified how this could be true as my first thought is the data is being sent via cellular network and not by WiFi

I have a Asus GT-AX11000 router running the latest Asuswrt-Merlin, version 388.2 2 rog for my local network.

Thanks for any help.

Rew

Of course, it has WiFi access. The router is simply not showing it (a known, long-standing issue).

Btw, 388.4_0 final is available to upgrade to.

Of course, it has WiFi access. The router is simply not showing it (a known, long-standing issue).

Btw, 388.4_0 final is available to upgrade to.
Thanks for the info on router update, updating shortly.

Can you give me any further information on the "long standing issue" with the router please?

Would like to know more.
Thanks again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!