What's new

Heck of a time with ProtonVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It must match your PC, not the other way around. It simply checks what your browser reports versus what is configured on the router, and reports any mismatch. Sometimes it's because the router's start/end of DST is incorrect, in which case you might have to manually configure it.

This isn't related to the previous issue however, where the clock was not set at all.

@RMerlin yeah you're right...I just started my computer this morning and now the internet is not working again...so what do I need to change to fix this once and for all? I had the time zone set to my local and that didn't work, now it's at the factory default and that's not working. Do you need to see a screenshot of my ntp or wan dns settings?

Is my merlin firmware just really buggy or something, see this screenshot. It says connected but the service state is off:
16010462344265540461795138377629.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your system log again. If your clock is properly set, then you will have a different error message.

Also please specify the exact version you are running. "Latest" is meaningless, people often get confused with what's on the website and end up downloading a much older version.

Last edited:
I'm using version 384.19, also it seems to working again now and I don't see any recent errors in the error log. I set the Time Zone back to my local time. I guess I'll just wait and see if it breaks again and post the error log if that happens. Thanks for the responses.

Check your system log again. If your clock is properly set, then you will have a different error message.

Also please specify the exact version you are running. "Latest" is meaningless, people often get confused with what's on the website and end up downloading a much older version.

So I just switched vpn profiles and it is not working again. (Should have just left it alone while it was working but I wanted to switch to get Netflix working.) I checked the sys log and do not see any errors but the system time is different than my local time. Is this the problem? If so how do I adjust the system time if it is a different field than the Time Zone field? Note the profile I switched to has the same config as the one that was working just a different country.

So I just switched vpn profiles

If you have multiple VPN clients configured then you need to ensure that you don't use the option to block Internet access when the tunnel goes down, otherwise when you turn the tunnel off, all your traffic will be blocked. This should be reflected in the system log as well.

The timezone has nothing to do with VPN tunnels.

If you have multiple VPN clients configured then you need to ensure that you don't use the option to block Internet access when the tunnel goes down, otherwise when you turn the tunnel off, all your traffic will be blocked. This should be reflected in the system log as well.

The timezone has nothing to do with VPN tunnels.

Omg really!! I thought that the block traffic feature was only active if the vpn client is turned on. Well that makes a lot of sense. I will only use that feature for the vpn client I am currently using. Thanks so much!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!