What's new

Hello everyone and thanks for the add. Im having MOCA 2.5 speed issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i also remember you saying i cant run the coax through my moca box for cable tv. once i disconnect the coax from the router i get no tv service
Not *exactly* what I said.

The FiOS STB requires a MoCA network connection (for guide info, …) *and* a coax connection to the ONT (for the TV signal); therefore:
1) the FiOS STB must not be connected through a MoCA adapter’s pass-through port, owing to MoCA signals being severely attenuated via that path (so you’ll want to use a MoCA 2.x-compatible splitter to get both the MoCA adapter and FiOS STB coax-connected to the wall outlet); and,
2) I’m uncertain (can’t guarantee) as to whether the FiOS STB will be able to connect to the standalone MoCA adapter for its network connection or, if so, whether that will then allow the FiOS STB to function mostly as before. I believe it should work, based on past *reading*, minus possibly caller ID.

Last edited:
p.s. similar to my past reading (confirming the suggested change should work)…

(Ignore that the user is looking to replace their router in the linked scenario. The key is that they’re using a standalone MoCA adapter as the main MoCA/Ethernet bridge, and have no coax connection to the router … but FiOS STBs should connect via the standalone MoCA adapter.)

Curious… is the FiOS STB near the router your only FiOS STB in your setup?

edit: Nevermind, this was answered in a previous post:
all the devices in the junction run to different rooms but only are connected to 2 STB one off the splitter and one homerun connecton all other coax is open ended.

Though… this previous post does indicate some performance improvement could be gained by right-sizing the central splitter to just the number of coax outputs/lines that need to be connected (in addition to getting a “PoE” MoCA filter installed on its input port).

Last edited:
p.s. similar to my past reading (confirming the suggested change should work)…

(Ignore that the user is looking to replace their router in the linked scenario. The key is that they’re using a standalone MoCA adapter as the main MoCA/Ethernet bridge, and have no coax connection to the router … but FiOS STBs should connect via the standalone MoCA adapter.)
ok , thx for the help ill try.

Curious… is the FiOS STB near the router your only FiOS STB in your setup?

edit: Nevermind, this was answered in a previous post:

Though… this previous post does indicate some performance improvement could be gained by right-sizing the central splitter to just the number of coax outputs/lines that need to be connected (in addition to getting a “PoE” MoCA filter installed on its input port).
hello again, i ended up buying the g3100 router with 2.5 moca. i hooked up the moca unit listed above to my coax in the room i need it and in still only getting 300-400 gbps. did i do something wrong with the hookup? thank you

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!