What's new

Help can't access RT-AX89X GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bobobo

New Around Here
Hi all,
I tried reviewing all previous questions here and overall but can't seem to figure this one out. I really want to avoid resetting settings.

TL;DR - I setup my router (also acting as modem) a month ago with some port forwarding and autoDNS (for cameras, smart home stuff) and some pre-assigned IP addresses for my devices on different ranges. I didn't touch anything since then, and today I logged in to the GUI using my phone, and deleted my own static IP assignment. I got that "setting have been changed, please reset" and ever since then I can't access my GUI from anywhere, I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" on all browsers and both my laptop (direct LAN) and iphone.

I think I tried it all, power cycles, all the variations on 10.0.0.138:8443/8080/22 and router.asus.com:xxx. Ping works. Internet connection works. I tried reassigning a static IP address (in case I limited access to GUI and can't recall that) and didn't work either.

Any advice on what I can do next? resetting would entail lots of configuration work plus finding my ISP user/pass and I can't take down the home's Internet for long.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I setup my router (also acting as modem)

The AX89X appears to be a router only (?).

I logged in to the GUI using my phone, and deleted my own static IP assignment.

The IP of your phone client while logged into the router?

I got that "setting have been changed, please reset" and ever since then I can't access my GUI from anywhere, I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" on all browsers and both my laptop (direct LAN) and iphone.

If it truly said "reset", then that's what I'd do... recommission the router with a clean install. (I've never seen firmware instruct to be reset.)

I think I tried it all, power cycles, all the variations on 10.0.0.138:8443/8080/22 and router.asus.com:xxx. Ping works. Internet connection works. I tried reassigning a static IP address (in case I limited access to GUI and can't recall that) and didn't work either.

If a PC wired to the AX89X (disconnect all other clients/networking) cannot browse to router.asus.com or the router's assigned static LAN IP, you may need to recommission the AX89X (start over).

OE

Thanks for the tips

Re message from router - didn’t mean “reset” literally, I don’t remember what it said. It was reconnect to network or something similar.
My router ip is 10.0.0.138. My static ip was 10.0.0.20. My DHCP assign addresses at 10.0.100.xxx which is my IP now.

Re Modem - maybe I’m not using terminology correctly, I meant PPPoE mode

My router ip is 10.0.0.138. My static ip was 10.0.0.20. My DHCP assign addresses at 10.0.100.xxx which is my IP now.

Seems like an IP conflict there somewhere. I'd wire a PC (with static IP 10.0.0.139 assigned on the PC network adapter) to the router (static IP 10.0.0.138 already assigned on router) while all other LAN cables are disconnected from the router and the router WiFi is switched OFF; then reboot the router and try to browse to the router 10.0.0.138 to login.

If you get in, rethink your IP scheme. Mine:

192.168.1.1 static IP assigned on/to router
192.168.1.2-9 static IPs assigned on/to select clients
192.168.1.10-254 dynamic IPs assigned by router to clients (DHCP server IP Pool)

OE

Last edited:
Is the default gateway under cmd/ipconfig 10.0.0.138 ?

Have you tried https://router.asus.com:8443/ with an emphasis on the s

have you cleared all cache from browser

have you flushed dns?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!