What's new

Help Changing DHCP Server Address and Pool Range on UniFi Security Gateway

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sammy2

Regular Contributor
I got everything set up, including a smooth upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on my NUC, using the same activation key for success which slightly surprised me. I was working without connecting the USG to the WAN on the Modem until I could not any longer so I moved all the equipment from the dining to the office.

Yesterday I connected the USG to the Modem and updated the Switch and AP f/w. Today I wanted to change the DHCP server from 192.168.1.1 and the pool from 192.168.1.2 ~ 254 to 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.100~254 respectively. I logged into the USG back end at 192.168.1.1 and changed the server and pool as desired and hit save. A link came up to log into the USG at the new address. I clicked the link and.. nothing.. going to localhost:port for the USG it shows that the USG is not connected but the Switch and AP are. I rebooted the USG, still nothing.

Do I need to reset the USG and log into 192.168.1.1 and make the changes before adopting it into the controller? No biggie to start over as I really haven't gone any farther than this anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!