What's new

Help configuring and testing DNS-over-TLS on 384.13

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

With the settings as they were (same as screenshot) I had problems today connecting to at least one website. The same site loaded fine using Opera and it's built-in VPN, so I figured it must be a DNS problem. I turned off DoT and DNSfilter, and sure enough, the site loaded. It's not a site I use often (a parcel tracking website) but I figure if I had this problem on day 1, others using the connection will have similar problems.

Is this a common occurrence? I do wonder if I need to start from a factory reset.

With the settings as they were (same as screenshot) I had problems today connecting to at least one website. The same site loaded fine using Opera and it's built-in VPN, so I figured it must be a DNS problem. I turned off DoT and DNSfilter, and sure enough, the site loaded. It's not a site I use often (a parcel tracking website) but I figure if I had this problem on day 1, others using the connection will have similar problems.

Is this a common occurrence? I do wonder if I need to start from a factory reset.
Quad9 DoT benefits from a lower idle timeout value than the firmware default for Stubby (the DoT daemon on your router). Search the forums for “Quad9 Stubby timeout”. It will involve creating a stubby.postconf script to customize the config.

If that’s more trouble than you want to invest, I hear ya!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!