What's new

AdGuardHome Help for beginner with AdGuardHome Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

^ THIS. Great advice from @L&LD ... I will never go back to a thumbdrive... an external SSD with an enclosure is easy, cheap and SUPER reliable. I decided to go with a 256GB Samsung... didn't mind spending the extra cash for a bit more quality, and one of those cool see-thru enclosures with the pretty blue/red blinky lights that @Tech9 always recommends.

Be prepared if you create a 5GB swap like I did, that it does still take FOREVER... but just let it churn on... it will eventually finish.
Hello, a question, all this space can be used as storage too I hope!?

^ THIS. Great advice from @L&LD ... I will never go back to a thumbdrive... an external SSD with an enclosure is easy, cheap and SUPER reliable. I decided to go with a 256GB Samsung... didn't mind spending the extra cash for a bit more quality, and one of those cool see-thru enclosures with the pretty blue/red blinky lights that @Tech9 always recommends.

Be prepared if you create a 5GB swap like I did, that it does still take FOREVER... but just let it churn on... it will eventually finish.
This is what I use ~ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874YS2N7/?tag=snbforums-20

I have noticed around here on these forums, the quality of the SSD is also important. I have seen where many users are constantly corrupting bad quality SSD storage. (Not necessarily bad quality SSD, but maybe not designed for their specific use case in mind.) When it comes to SSD, you want something you know that will perform the way you intend to use it. This doesn't always equate to something thrown together for cheap in the basement. When it comes to specs and quality, not all SSD and enclosures are created equally. Flashdrives are more forgiving in this regard, but if you are expecting bang for your buck SSD is definitely the way to go because most are at a reduced or lower cost than they were in the past.

My SSD has been churning (without burning - see @Tech9 post ~ https://www.snbforums.com/threads/h...-adguardhome-asuswrt-merlin.85595/post-850794) scripts for almost 3 years now. Not once have I had to format the drive. @thelonelycoder enhanced disk check script runs on every reboot. Every thing just works! I will never plug a flashdrive into my router again.

Last edited:
without burning - see @Tech9 post

When Patriot Burst for $12 actually bursts - you want to see the event, no? :D

1687631811127.png