What's new

[HELP] GT-AX11000 dropping WAN connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NicEgypt

New Around Here
Hello All, I just got this router a few days ago. It keeps dropping WAN like crazy. I did a hard reset like 5 times by now, disabled everything and made sure all my U-Verse gateway firewall is off completely and IP Passthrough is set the same as my old Netgear was. I have disabled Smart Connect, I disabled IPv6 and QoS. I even applied the update manually just to make sure nothing is missing. My Syslog doesn't give me any explanation of why my WAN was down. I have changed the cable 3 times. I already requested a return but I really do like this router and I want to keep it. So far my old Netgear R7000P is performing better than this one.

Here is some Syslog

Apr 3 03:10:03 WAN(0) Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected.
Apr 3 03:10:11 WAN(0) Connection: WAN was restored.
Apr 3 03:10:11 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_0_bond1_bond1)

Any help? I greatly appreciate it.

Did you enable WAN bonding? If so, disable that.

Did you enable WAN bonding? If so, disable that.
Last night I did disabled Dual WAN it and enabled WAN Aggregation instead. So far, it's running fine just a few drops when my daughter tried to get on the Xbox and not sure why. I am not sure if WAN Aggregation is working how it supposed to be or not at this point.

By the way when you're here :D how can I install your firmware on my Netgear R7000P I want to run as AiMesh. I've been looking for a few days and nothing really helped. I even tried to DD-WRT WDS and for some reason, it's not picking up the signal.

Thanks for your response.

Last night I did disabled Dual WAN it and enabled WAN Aggregation instead. So far, it's running fine just a few drops when my daughter tried to get on the Xbox and not sure why. I am not sure if WAN Aggregation is working how it supposed to be or not at this point.

Do you actually need bonding or Dual WAN? Bonding should only be used if you have an Internet service faster than 1 Gbps AND your modem actually supports bonding. As for Dual WAN, it's only if you have two completely separate Internet connections.

By the way when you're here :D how can I install your firmware on my Netgear R7000P I want to run as AiMesh.

That would be illegal. Asuswrt uses various proprietary technologies which are only licensed for legal use on Asus products. My firmware is only available for Asus products, any fork that runs on non-Asus hardware is in violation of these licenses (and most of the time they are also in violation of GPL licensing).

Do you actually need bonding or Dual WAN? Bonding should only be used if you have an Internet service faster than 1 Gbps AND your modem actually supports bonding. As for Dual WAN, it's only if you have two completely separate Internet connections.
I actually disabled it all together because the WAN start dropping again like crazy. Still the same issue and maybe it's a faulty unit. I'll proceed with the return and buy it locally from BestBuy or something. Asus doesn't pay for return from what I understand.

That would be illegal. Asuswrt uses various proprietary technologies which are only licensed for legal use on Asus products. My firmware is only available for Asus products, any fork that runs on non-Asus hardware is in violation of these licenses (and most of the time they are also in violation of GPL licensing).
I didn't even know that I am new to Asus :) All is good!

Thanks for all your help :)

update: The problem was my modem. Used another modem and it working fine now, I did hard reset and it's all working now

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!