What's new

Help me out with clustering!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jasons6930

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Just got a Cisco WAP571 up and running and is working well.

However, i am new to clustering and don't have a clue about how it is supposed to work.

I will be adding another 571 at some point to extend range.

So, is clustering a way of AP's performing better together or is it just for easier integration into an existing set up?

Im sure i read somewhere that clustering AP's use associated clients to distribute range to clients to improve signal?

Thanks!

:)

Thanks Colin.

Must admit I have been searching for info but wasn’t coming up with anything as detailed as that!

:)

I cluster Cisco WAP571 in my house. They are real easy to setup. Logon to the second unit and tell it to cluster. It will inherit all the settings. You can even transfer the latest firmware from the master wireless unit to the other units. They work well for me. The only problem I had at first is I tried to run them with POE. You need POE+ for them to run right. I have been running for a year without any problems or reboots. I only use 5 GHz as I turn off 2.4 GHz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!