What's new

Diversion Help - need help with Diversion and Whatsapp & Signal issues please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NotA+

Occasional Visitor
Hello

I hope you might be able to help.

I have the AC86u.

Merlin FM ( thank you Merlin :) )

Also, using Skynet.

WA is connecting and disconnecting frequently.

(I am using the standard list & have whitelisted known the main WA domains.)

Signal connection is fine but sending media (image etc) does not work.

It was working fine prior to this.

I have whitelisted the known signal domains.

I don't believe it would be Skynet as that is a FW?

So, Diversion? What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.

Whatsapp:

Whatsapp.com
Whatsapp.net
Wa.me

Signal:

Allow *.whispersystems.org, *.signal.org, TCP port 443, and UDP traffic. If you have a transparent or reverse proxy it needs to support WebSockets. Signal uses a non-standard TCP port to catch filtering issues at the signaling step and also utilizes a random UDP port. All UDP ports will need to be opened. The underlying IPs are constantly changing, so it'd be hard to define accurate firewall rules.

Thank you.

Disable Diversion - test. Disable Skynet - test again. It may point you to which one is blocking something you need.

Same issue here. Disabled all and then tested one by one (only skynet, only unbound, only diversion installed), result is Diversion somehow block WA to work properly. Any suggestion though ?

Maybe this can help you:

Maybe this can help you:
Thank you. But i believe the issue with Google Push services, i also cant receive messages on WA after a while it is closed on the phone. Research with uiDivstatus doesn't help a lot to discover. Incoming messages are failed to appear until apps opened on the phone. Web application saying no internet connection with phone...

Just follow your quoted post and found frequently blocked domain: app-measurement.com
reading the net found this domain is responsible for push services. whitelisted and deleted from blacklist. will see.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!