What's new

help pls: driver compilation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vuvu

New Around Here
hello friends, i have a rt-ac68u, i want to let it support usb sound card so as to play music on it. i'm not familiar with this development kit, the build was success but the module fail to load, below are my steps.

1. build the firmware
2. enter linux folder under "src-rt-6.x.4708" folder, and execute make menuconfig ( no step 1, this command cannot run)
3. select device driver -> sound card support -> advanced linux sound architecture -> usb sound devices. i select all list driver as "M".
4. return to "src-rt-6.x.4708", here if i execute "make rt-ac68u", it will clear what i set, doesn't compile the sound src, so i only execute "make kernel", compile success, i get the soundcore.ko and some snd*.ko.
5. copy those ko files to remote, ssh to remote and insmod them, the soundcore.ko was insmod successfully, but all snd*.ko cannot got return like "insmod: can't insert '???.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter"

did i configure/compile it in the correct way?

hello friends, i have a rt-ac68u, i want to let it support usb sound card so as to play music on it. i'm not familiar with this development kit, the build was success but the module fail to load, below are my steps.

1. build the firmware
2. enter linux folder under "src-rt-6.x.4708" folder, and execute make menuconfig ( no step 1, this command cannot run)
3. select device driver -> sound card support -> advanced linux sound architecture -> usb sound devices. i select all list driver as "M".
4. return to "src-rt-6.x.4708", here if i execute "make rt-ac68u", it will clear what i set, doesn't compile the sound src, so i only execute "make kernel", compile success, i get the soundcore.ko and some snd*.ko.
5. copy those ko files to remote, ssh to remote and insmod them, the soundcore.ko was insmod successfully, but all snd*.ko cannot got return like "insmod: can't insert '???.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter"

did i configure/compile it in the correct way?

I had a similar issue compiling uvc modules for arm and ryzhov_al helped me to figure out.
Modules have to be loaded in a specific order, look inside usb sound directory for .dep or modules.order files.

Try to run only "make" without rt-ac68u or kernel

hi TeHashX, many thanks for your comment, i just tried simple make, like "make rt-ac68u", compilation passed but the sound src was not compiled, snd*.ko files were not generated.

i will try your later comment, many thanks.

I had a similar issue compiling uvc modules for arm and ryzhov_al helped me to figure out.
Modules have to be loaded in a specific order, look inside usb sound directory for .dep or modules.order files.

well, in asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/linux/linux-2.6/sound, there isn't .dep file, i found "modules.order" and "modules.builtin" but their size are both 0 byte, does it means no order limit?

i'm considering maybe other than the ko file, it may need other code need to be compiled into the kernel.
when you insmod uvc modules, if you didnt insmod in a correct way, will it return same error saying unknown symble?