What's new

Help setting up VLAN on ASUS RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How do you go about opening the script to edit? What software do you use? Could anyone create a noob-guide?

How do you go about opening the script to edit? What software do you use? Could anyone create a noob-guide?
Best is Notepad++

May I please also get a copy of the script. I currently have a number of IoT devices that I would like to segregate onto their own Vlan.

Thank you.

Hello. I have an Asus rt-ac66u_b1 which, according to Merlin, requires me to use the ac68u firmware. I was wondering if this script would work on my model and if so, could you please send the script my way? I just need to create a simple vlan to isolate my work computer from the rest of the network.

Thanks.

However, after some time (days), for reasons unknown (ie not doing anything particular with the network other than using it), the devices on the created VLAN looses access to the internet.

If I do a verbose status I see this (amongs other things):
Code:
                Firewall rules
                ==============
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
What could be the cause for those iptables-rules to get lost and is there anyway to avoid it?
Unsolicited firewall restarts can occur for several reasons (updating the TrendMicro DPI engine every couple of days @02:00 used to be one), so it is easier/safer/prudent to simply create the VLAN in 'nat-start'.

Unsolicited firewall restarts can occur for several reasons (updating the TrendMicro DPI engine every couple of days @02:00 used to be one), so it is easier/safer/prudent to simply create the VLAN in 'nat-start'.
Ok, will try and report back if the issue remains. Thanks alot!

Is there a way to map SSIDs to VLAN? I.e. create a guest / additional SSID on Asus-Merlin tagged with a VLAN separate from the main SSID? Thank you

Hi Martineau. Could you please send me the script?
I am trying to segregate my IoT devices (bulbs, smart switches, home assistant, chromecast, etc) from my computer network (PC, NAS)
* IoT network is a mix WiFi/landline
* IT network is also mixed WiFi/landline
I have a ac66u_b1 (same ac68u HW) with merlinasuswrt 384.14

Now everything is in the same network and working, let's say the 4 LAN ports and 2.4 and 5 WiFi's in the same LAN.

The desired final picture would be:
"IoT network" -> LAN port 1 and 2 + WFIOT24 + WFIOT5
"IT network" -> LAN port 3 and 4 + WF24 +WF5
"IT network" can access "IoT network" but "IoT network" can not access "IT network"

Many thanks

Ok, will try and report back if the issue remains. Thanks alot!
Well, so far so good! Seems that your suggestion works out perfectly. Will keep an eye on it though for a couple of more days, but hopefully it will remain as stable as it has been up to now. Once again, a big thank you!

Dear @Martineau Do I have any chance for your script? ;)
I search method on my AC68 to create separate guest network. The Ac68 is master router with access to internet via DSL and backup LTE (LTE is online all-time because it have fix IP and I use it for access my bms system via VPN). Because I have big home and terrain (difficult for WIFi coverage) I installed 3 routers connected by LAN (2 internal and 1 external), they aren't interconnected via WiFi depends of coverage. My idea to broadcast guest network from master Ac68 and one connected by LAN. The guest network need to be separate from home network except connection with SONOS system and connected to internet via VPN or normal connection if via VPN is problem.

41711eb1d02cd8965589a856ffe08235.png

Can you or any other person help me? Of course I also try alone but so far with little success. maybe someone has a solution that I could adapt to my needs

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to configure some VLANs on my AC66U.
In several searches I found references to the script "VLANSwitch.sh" but I can't find it anywhere. It looks like it was developed by @Martineau.
Could someone send me the link to the file or the script in PM?
Thank you!

Any chance I could get the script as well? I'm trying to setup a separate VLAN with two of the ethernet ports and wifi for my IoT devices on an AC68U.

@58chev shared VLANSwitch.sh script with me and now I 'm sharing it here for everyone:
[link removed per original author's request. -rm]
Merits and credits to @Martineau.
Regards.
I don't believe either of you have the rights to redistribute copyrighted code without the author's consent. It clearly states at the start of the script "non-Public Beta".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure! Send me your mail and then a reply with the script.
I DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION FOR YOU TO DISTRIBUTE MY NON-PUBLIC BETA.
Moderators please act against these shameful users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure! Send me your mail and then a reply with the script.
You still don't have the rights to redistribute someone else's copyrighted code, whether you do it publicly or privately.

Would you consider it OK to send someone a copy of Windows or Mac software just because it was done privately.

Last edited: