What's new

(HELP) Tenda MW 3 Mesh Wifi Slow on Laptop but Fast on Handphone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

albert2201

New Around Here
Halo experts in this forum

I would like to asked the strange behavior on my Tenda MW 3 with firmware v1.0.0.3 (557) and my internet connection is 20Mbps. Already test to connect directly to my wifi router and there is no down speed.

The problem is when I connect the mesh wifi to my Handphone, the speed shows full connection (based on speedtest.net) but when it comes to my laptop the speed dropped to 6-8Mbps

Really appreciate for your kind answer

thanks

A couple questions for clarification -

What is the brand and model number of the laptop ?

What is the wifi specification in your laptop ?

What is the hand phone brand name and model ?

What is the brand and model of your other wifi router ?

In this sentence : “Already test to connect directly to my wifi router and there is no down speed.”, do you mean that you connected by laptop wireless to the other wireless router and speedtest showed 20 Mbit/s download speed ?

Or did you mean something else ?

Just guessing at this point - if the laptop wireless was still connected to the other wireless router and you moved to a location further away or where there was strong mesh wireless signal, the speedtest result could easily have decreased since the laptop did not switch to the mesh wireless.

Hello thanks for answering

1. My laptop is HP Elitebook 830 G7 with win 10 pro version 20H2
2. Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
3. My cellphone is OPPO F11 android newest available OS
4. Not sure the brand and model of my wifi router since the provider gives me free
5. Yes i connect to the wifi router that get free from the provider, the speed is 20s Mbps but when i move away to the 2nd floor (the free wifi router is in the first floor) then the connection goes down to 3Mbps.

For the add on, the way i connect my Tenda MW3 mesh wifi is through the free router

Another fact is when my iphone x connect through the mesh wifi, the speed also dropped to 6-8Mbps

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello thanks for answering

1. My laptop is HP Elitebook 830 G7 with win 10 pro version 20H2
2. Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
3. My cellphone is OPPO F11 android newest available OS
4. Not sure the brand and model of my wifi router since the provider gives me free
5. Yes i connect to the wifi router that get free from the provider, the speed is 20s Mbps but when i move away to the 2nd floor (the free wifi router is in the first floor) then the connection goes down to 3Mbps.
This is normal behavior as distance/interference increases. Unless you have devices that need it, turn off the a/b/g protocols in the wireless router. Leave only AC if possible, but you may have to keep N/AC
For the add on, the way i connect my Tenda MW3 mesh wifi is through the free router

Another fact is when my iphone x connect through the mesh wifi, the speed also dropped to 6-8Mbps
maybe the mesh has too much overhead or is not using the dedicated radio for back haul. Or it is connecting to the wireless router through one of the protocol above

How can I set the wireless router works only in N/AC connection?

I still have a confusion, is there any different the way android phone detect/connect to the Mesh and the iPhone or laptop detect/connect to the mesh wifi? Since it has the same speed in iPhone and laptop then my Android phone (already test with samsung galaxy A72 the result is 20s Mbps)

You would have to manually select the ssid for the phone to connect. Otherwise , it will connect to the first ssid it sees on the bands that it prefers.

go into the configuration pages of the router, look for wireless radio pages. There is usually the ability to change the protocols used.