What's new

Help using n65u to extend network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kingston73

New Around Here
I have an ac86 as my main router. I want to connect a desktop but running Ethernet isn’t an option. I know I could buy several different things to connect wirelessly but I found my old asus n65u and wanted to know if I can use that and if so, how? If I can save myself money and use this old router I’ll be happy, but if it’s too complicated then I can just save some time and spend the money.

I am very new and inexperienced with networking so please try to use small words and easy directions.

According to the specs on the Asus website that router supports Media Bridge mode. So connect your PC to the N65U with an Ethernet cable, log into its web interface and change "Administration - Operation Mode" to "Media Bridge".

holy thread resurrection..
I am trying to do the same: use an N65U as a media bridge to a GT-AC2900 (AC86U with pretty lights). Unfortunately, there is no simple switch in the N65U to activate Media Bridge; your choices are Router or Access Point. Having activated AP, and then followed instructions online about configuring the WDS (bridge) tab, in the Wireless section of the admin interface, I have not been successful. In fact, the N65U is not accessible at all now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!