What's new

Diversion Help with Diversion install path

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daylight

New Around Here
When I installed Diversion for the first time it let me choose install path. After a while I decided to uninstall it and reinstall to a different usb drive. BUT NOW it no longer lets me choose the path and installs by default to the drive I installed before...

How do I fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
You uninstalled Diversion but chose not to remove Entware at the same time. Diversion requires Entware installed and will select this drive automatically when reinstalling.

Yes that's correct. I require Entware on my router and it was installed long ago before Diversion. There are 2 USB drives connected to the router - HDD (main drive with Entware) and FLASH drive (empty). After I installed Diversion, HDD started to spin continuously and never goes to standby. So I decided to move Diversion to FLASH in order to increase HDD lifespan.

What are the steps to make Diversion work from USB FLASH?

Last edited:
You‘d have to remove Entware from the HDD. Best is to format it with amtm, then install Diversion on the flash drive, it includes the Entware installation.