What's new

Help with gnuton build for RT AX82 u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

there's nothing new

I told you - you don't need to replace the firmware. The extra features are there mixed in the menus, but for advanced users who know what they are looking for and how to use it. For basic router use you don't need any extra features. Stock Asuswrt has plenty firmware options for beginners.

I told you - you don't need to replace the firmware. The extra features are there mixed in the menus, but for advanced users who know what they are looking for and how to use it. For basic router use you don't need any extra features. Stock Asuswrt has plenty firmware options for beginners.

I'm very disappointed about it,i only change the firmware because I think is working better than Asus now I don't know what to do

You won't get any Wi-Fi improvements on your Asus if that's what you are after. It won't do your dishes either. The main differences between the two firmware versions are ability to run Custom Scripts and create advanced VPN configurations in Asuswrt-Merlin (fork). What is normal router use related is already available in stock Asuswrt. What is closed source (all TrendMicro and Broadcom related) is all the same in both firmware versions.

What to do? Flash latest Asuswrt on top, reset the router to factory defaults, re-configure manually again.

You won't get any Wi-Fi improvements on your Asus if that's what you are after. It won't do your dishes either. The main differences between the two firmware versions are ability to run Custom Scripts and create advanced VPN configurations in Asuswrt-Merlin (fork). What is normal router use related is already available in stock Asuswrt. What is closed source (all TrendMicro and Broadcom related) is all the same in both firmware versions.

What to do? Flash latest Asuswrt on top, reset the router to factory defaults, re-configure manually again.
Thanks buddy,i will make it but not today I'm 56 year's old and i don't feel good right now to configure the router after reset

You're 56-years young, not old.

Just continue using the firmware already installed as usual. It will work the same way and when you have the time you can discover and play with extra features available. Both firmware versions are stable and secure enough. Relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

You're 56-years young, not old.

Just continue using the firmware already installed as usual. It will work the same way and when you have the time you can discover and play with extra features available. Both firmware versions are stable and secure enough. Relax and enjoy the rest of the day.
Thanks buddy really appreciate for that,stay safe