What's new

Help with MoCA Adapter Losing Internet Connection on Frontier FIOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

, I just got the new FCA252s and swapped them in on 2GW mode for the existing FCA251s.

Working so far, but will give it a day or two. If that doesn’t work
If the FCA252[25GW] pair doesn’t work, I’d be interested in hearing more about exactly how the coax locations interconnect. (I probably should review the thread to see if it’s already been communicated.)

edit: Yeah, it was there, in the diagram. MoCA-compatible splitters at each location.

Last edited:
Any updates?
Wanted to wait a few days to really confirm but after several days of no drops, I’m ready to declare success! Been working great, no complaints.

As a reminder to the forum, the solution was to swap out FCA251s with FCA252s (set to “2GW” mode), which we think solved overlap between the WAN MoCA frequencies and the LAN MoCA frequencies.

Huge thank you to @krkaufman for solving this.

At the risk of fixing something that isn’t currently broken, as a next step, I will likely try and use the FCA251s to create the LAN, thus removing the MoCA 2.0 Arris. Then I can have three MoCA 2.5 nodes…two FCA251s on Full mode, plus the ECB6250.

Thanks for the followup. (Hope that didn’t jinx it. ;))

p.s.
FCA252s (set to “2GW” mode),
FCA252[“25GW”] … just to be clear, to distinguish from their “1GW” setting.

Wanted to provide the forum with the final report here, and confirm that after ~2 weeks, everything has been working great! Also wanted to confirm that I took the final step and am now using the FCA251s (on "Full" mode) to create the LAN, and thus removed the Arris' MoCA 2.0 bridge. So I now have three MoCA 2.5 nodes…two FCA251s plus the ECB6250.

Thanks again to @krkaufman for solving!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!