What's new

Help with new network, question regarding flashing TM-AC1900/AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

numnutz6383

New Around Here
Hey all, first I want to say that I don't think I'm violating any forum rules, at least I hope not.

I own a TM1900 that I've flashed to AC68U, then Merlin back in 2018, not knowing that it was never supported. Mea Culpa RMerlin.

My question is a two parter. I will be moving to a new home at the end of December. The new space will be more than twice the size of my current living situation, also adding a floor and a large garage. All in all it will be 2000+ sq feet. I need some help deciding what hardware to purchase to fulfill my expanded networking needs. I currently run the TMAC1900 as my main router, with an AC56R as an AP. I don't think this will be sufficient for the new home. I'd like to upgrade to more recent Asus routers supporting AiMesh. I was planning on buying an RT-AX3000, with one or two additional AiMesh routers as nodes. I wanted to use my current TM1900 as one of those nodes, but the firmware it's currently running doesn't support AiMesh (merlin 384.5).

Here is the issue. I have tried multiple times to flash it to official non-Merlin Asus firmware to no avail. I have tried upgrading, I have tried downgrading. The firmware update fails every time. This also happens with merlin firmware.

1) Could someone clue me in on why I'm unable to change the firmware?
2) I would appreciate some advice regarding the new network as well.

Thanks

It is SNBForum policy to not offer any assistance with reflashing of the TM1900.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!