What's new

help with openvpn policy rules

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dawg1

New Around Here
i have 2 vpn´s set up on my asus merlin router. client 1 is windscribe and client 4 is ivacy. i have both setups the same with a policy rule to route the traffic through a particular IP/VM XP computer. I have tested each one being on individually and both show connected in the asus vpn section and log. BUT I can only get the internet working on the policy IP when using client 1, windscribe VPN. If I switch it off and use client 4, ivacy, the target PC does not get internet. What could be wrong?

I have tested each one being on individually and both show connected in the asus vpn section and log. BUT I can only get the internet working on the policy IP when using client 1, windscribe VPN. If I switch it off and use client 4, ivacy, the target PC does not get internet.
What could be wrong?

Do you have the KILL-switch enabled for VPN Client 1?

Use
Code:
ip rule
to display the state of the Selective Routing RPDB rules, when it is/not working to identify any rule conflicts.

i have 2 vpn´s set up on my asus merlin router. client 1 is windscribe and client 4 is ivacy. i have both setups the same with a policy rule to route the traffic through a particular IP/VM XP computer. I have tested each one being on individually and both show connected in the asus vpn section and log. BUT I can only get the internet working on the policy IP when using client 1, windscribe VPN. If I switch it off and use client 4, ivacy, the target PC does not get internet. What could be wrong?
Do you use same port on both clients? Have to use different ports.
Have you killswitch on on both clients?

There’s also this from Merlin.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Policy-based-routing

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!