What's new

Help with setting up Access Point with DIR 655

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

balla786

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I'm been working on this issue for some time, and just don't understand why I'm running into this problem.

My home setup is like this:

Thomson Docsis 3.0 cable modem ----> Dlink DIR 825 ---> Linksys APA 2012 VOIP box & Dlink DIR 655 (in basement to be used as AP)

I followed these instructions and modified the settings on my DIR 655;

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23054250-

Initially it worked brilliantly, low ping times, and near the 30MB speeds my cable provides. However within minutes, the speed started to degrade to the point where it would do no more than 1MB and high ping times.

Anything connected wired or wireless to the DIR 825 was perfectly fine. Anything connected wireless/wired to the DIR655 would be incredibly slow.

I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. :confused::confused:

Why not ask over at dslreports since that is where you got your information?

Hey guys,

I'm been working on this issue for some time, and just don't understand why I'm running into this problem.

My home setup is like this:

Thomson Docsis 3.0 cable modem ----> Dlink DIR 825 ---> Linksys APA 2012 VOIP box & Dlink DIR 655 (in basement to be used as AP)

I followed these instructions and modified the settings on my DIR 655;

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23054250-

Initially it worked brilliantly, low ping times, and near the 30MB speeds my cable provides. However within minutes, the speed started to degrade to the point where it would do no more than 1MB and high ping times.

Anything connected wired or wireless to the DIR 825 was perfectly fine. Anything connected wireless/wired to the DIR655 would be incredibly slow.

I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. :confused::confused:

Hate to say it but this sounds like a typical D-LINK problem.

Have you recently upgraded your firmware? I used to own the DIR-855 and loved their first firmware. They then had multiple upgrades that prevented returning to the first firmware and the product became simply unusable. I had to fight with D-LINK and the BBB, as well as get some attorney generals involved in order for them to follow through with their promises of refunding my money.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you can get it back to a previous firmware if you have upgraded and that it will work for you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!