What's new

High RAM memory usage AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Agreed. I have ax86s with aiprotection stuff turned Off. ram creeps up to around 90% and everything seems ok.

however if it keeps going up to 95%+ then I have seen my router crash or reboot.

I think that next Merlin release will resolve this.

Acordado. Tengo ax86s con las cosas de aiprotection desactivadas. ram se arrastra hasta alrededor del 90% y todo parece estar bien.

sin embargo, si sigue subiendo al 95% o más, entonces he visto que mi enrutador falla o se reinicia.

Creo que el próximo lanzamiento de Merlin resolverá esto.
In my case with AiProtection deactivated the ram is at 70% use more or less, if I activate it it goes up to 90%

Last edited:
as a test i reverted to the original ASUS firmware and the ram consumption was exactly the same as with the merlin firmware.

Not unless you have 2.5GbE LAN clients and/or are expecting your ISP to offer 2.5GbE service within your expected time with the router.

If both of the statements are true, then you need a GT-AX6000 or better (i.e. both WAN and LAN 2.5GbE ports).

Hello, I have the AX-86S and I see that when I have AiProtection activated the ram memory reaches between 80 and 90% of use, I do not notice that it causes problems but I did think about whether that is good or it could be problematic, in fact I thought to replace it with the PRO version that has double the ram.
Same router running some scripts and AiProtection also a swap file and I'm at 94% and it runs fine and is stable.