What's new

Home Network Design help with L3 Switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks!

12 hours later and everything is still stable, using the router IP as the DNS for my static IPv4 reservations.... :)

I want you to get a feel for how this works. You need to run it for a while. After you have a feel for how this works there is 1 more thing we can do. That is we can move the router off to an isolated VLAN of it's own. Hit me up in a month or so.

Thanks!!!! Will do. So far, everything is working well. But I do want some runtime, because in the past, the ATT system had to get rebooted every now and then because the Cisco router would lose its internet connectivity. The ATT side would work fine, but just the Cisco side would drop connectivity. A reboot of the ATT modem would sort it out, but rebooting the Cisco stack would not. So I'm going to let it run a while and make sure I don't have any issues :)