What's new

Home Network Revamp

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What would the destination be if they only thing I want to share with the VLAN 66 Guest network is the internet access - would 192.168.1.0 not share the entire VLAN 1 minus whatever is blocked off by the mask?

No, the mask determines how big the network is? The IP determines where the network IP starts.

A network IP does not need to start with 0. But when talking full class C IP addresses then it does.

With ACLs they are masks that are kind of reversed with ACLs 0 are 255 and 255 are 0. That is the way I remember it. I don't do this all the time any more.

You might try 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0. I just don't remember now without testing as I am getting out of practice. If you are going to share IPs then you will not use this.

Last edited:
Then use 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0.

I wonder if you need to permit 192.168.1.254 since that is your gateway for the 192.168.1.0 network. If the above IP address does not work then add 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 to the permit. I don't remember it working this way years ago when I set it up this way but it won't hurt to try. I assume you end the permit ACL with deny.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!