What's new

Homebridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BelarusOK

Occasional Visitor
Hello peoples, really setup Homebridge to ASUS router?

I found this - Homebridge on LEDE/OpenWRT routers.

On Merlinwrt maybe posible?

---

I see Entware Packages, and found this:

1. olsrd-mod-mdns 0.9.7-v0.9.7 net MDNS/Zeroconf/Bonjour packet distribution
2. node-npm v8.16.0-2 lang NPM is the package manager for NodeJS
3. node v8.16.0-2 lang Node.js® is a JavaScript runtime built on Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient. Node.js' package ecosystem, npm, is the largest ecosystem of open source libraries in the world.
*. Need still openssl - do not know what to choose...
**. And to force all this to work...

Further...

> npm install -g homebridge
> homebridge

And we edit the file:

config.json

Need testers and help!

Quick Overview
  1. Node v4.3.2 or greater is required. Check by running: node --version. The plugins you use may require newer versions.
  2. On Linux only: Install the libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev package: sudo apt-get install libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev
  3. Install Homebridge using: npm install -g homebridge or sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm homebridge (see below)
  4. Install the plugins using: npm install -g <plugin-name>
  5. Create the config.json file.

Last edited:
I had a go at it once a year or so ago. I gave up and put it on a Linux compustick. The issue was lots of the plugins have dependencies you can’t install, so the basic homebridge works but likely you’ll run into issues once you start to add things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!