What's new

Honeywell T10 Doesn't See WiFi Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khantahr

New Around Here
I have a RT-AX88U with the latest merlin installed and a factory reset performed after installing it, Dual-Band Smart Connect 2.4 and 5ghz networks setup.

All of my devices can see and connect to it, except my Honeywell T10 thermostat. The thermostat was connected to it before replacing the stock firmware with merlin, but now it doesn't even see the network, let alone connect to it.

Any ideas what's wrong?

I have a RT-AX88U with the latest merlin installed and a factory reset performed after installing it, Dual-Band Smart Connect 2.4 and 5ghz networks setup.

All of my devices can see and connect to it, except my Honeywell T10 thermostat. The thermostat was connected to it before replacing the stock firmware with merlin, but now it doesn't even see the network, let alone connect to it.

Any ideas what's wrong?
Make sure you are using WPA2-Personal. I have my thermostat on a guest WIFI 2.4 GHz with that set to WPA2-Personal. I use an Ecobee but the old Honneywell was the same way.
And you may find the AX88U does better on Asus factory firmware.

If it doesn't "see" the network, I would check the control channel and the its bandwith.
May be now you are broacasting in a channel the Honeywell does not support.

It's set to WPA2-Personal, AES. Using channel 2, 20 Mhz. Should be supported, it's a real head scratcher. Might have to go back to stock firmware.

the T10 does not see a combined 2.4 and 5 wifi with the same ssid
create your own 2.4 guest network

I had a similar issue with a T8 thermostat. Worked fine on merlin code up till 2 revs ago. Jumped through all the hoops (factory reset, manually configured etc..) to no avail. Went back n forth from last working merlin to next two revs and everu time the T8 would never see either radio ssd no matter what i did. Went so far as to get a brand new T8, the reults were the same. Something changes in Merlin but i gave up after all the effort. Went back to stock and recently sold the ax86u for an aruba.

Old thread I realize but to solution is to manually enter the WiFi SSID and password. It's just wrong that the thing doesn't show up when scanning. Has to be a firmware bug you would think by now (nearly 2023) would be fixed :(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!