Honeywell T10 Doesn't See WiFi Network

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Khantahr

New Around Here
I have a RT-AX88U with the latest merlin installed and a factory reset performed after installing it, Dual-Band Smart Connect 2.4 and 5ghz networks setup.

All of my devices can see and connect to it, except my Honeywell T10 thermostat. The thermostat was connected to it before replacing the stock firmware with merlin, but now it doesn't even see the network, let alone connect to it.

Any ideas what's wrong?

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
I have a RT-AX88U with the latest merlin installed and a factory reset performed after installing it, Dual-Band Smart Connect 2.4 and 5ghz networks setup.

All of my devices can see and connect to it, except my Honeywell T10 thermostat. The thermostat was connected to it before replacing the stock firmware with merlin, but now it doesn't even see the network, let alone connect to it.

Any ideas what's wrong?
Make sure you are using WPA2-Personal. I have my thermostat on a guest WIFI 2.4 GHz with that set to WPA2-Personal. I use an Ecobee but the old Honneywell was the same way.
And you may find the AX88U does better on Asus factory firmware.

elbubi

Regular Contributor
If it doesn't "see" the network, I would check the control channel and the its bandwith.
May be now you are broacasting in a channel the Honeywell does not support.

Khantahr

New Around Here
It's set to WPA2-Personal, AES. Using channel 2, 20 Mhz. Should be supported, it's a real head scratcher. Might have to go back to stock firmware.

teo1966

Occasional Visitor
the T10 does not see a combined 2.4 and 5 wifi with the same ssid
create your own 2.4 guest network

slidermike

Regular Contributor
I had a similar issue with a T8 thermostat. Worked fine on merlin code up till 2 revs ago. Jumped through all the hoops (factory reset, manually configured etc..) to no avail. Went back n forth from last working merlin to next two revs and everu time the T8 would never see either radio ssd no matter what i did. Went so far as to get a brand new T8, the reults were the same. Something changes in Merlin but i gave up after all the effort. Went back to stock and recently sold the ax86u for an aruba.