What's new

hostapd custom config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maverickcdn

Curious if there is any plans to implement a script hook for hostapd (hostapd.postconf hostapd.add.conf) ? or does it exist and Im just missing the documentation on it.

On 386 I had custom nvram variables (wl1_pmk_cache) set that were used by the Asus/Broadcom wireless manager, on 388 hostapd doesnt use these variables when creating the .conf so I must modify the .conf file (/tmp/wl1_hapd.conf) and kill hostapd and let it restart... this only works so long as the wireless service isn't restarted and a new hostapd.conf is generated

If no plans to add this feature I'll work on a monitor script to keep /tmp/wl1_hapd.conf with the custom setting.

Just curious - why mess with hostapd?

Just note that with hostapd, you have to do a sighup to reload the daemon, it doesn't take changes on the fly.

Because 386 honoured changes to nvram vars like wl1_pmk_cache and wl1_net_reauth

388 with hostapd doesn't (seemingly) and requires using hostapd specific options to set these ie. eap_reauth_period=

Because 386 honoured changes to nvram vars like wl1_pmk_cache and wl1_net_reauth

388 with hostapd doesn't (seemingly) and requires using hostapd specific options to set these ie. eap_reauth_period=

And again - what problem are you trying to solve here?

Touching hostapd has a fair amount of risk considering the WebUI and upstream/downstream - always best within AsusWRT to do it via the WebUI.

And again - what problem are you trying to solve here?

Touching hostapd has a fair amount of risk considering the WebUI and upstream/downstream - always best within AsusWRT to do it via the WebUI.
No problem, just trying to adjust radius key renewal periods that are not available through the gui and like mentioned were part of the nvram vars in 386 (which I used for years) and are now part of hostapd in 388

Yes, I fully understand the implications of changing said settings.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!