What's new

How do I access the urls for the scripts?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

el97

New Around Here
Hi everyone at the SNBforum! To begin with I'm really new with changing stuff in my router and I would consider my self as a beginner in coding overall. I have recently flashed my router with the latest Merlin firmware and also installed some add-ons. It's going pretty well but I feel like all the data is a bit all over the place and I want it to be more accessible and with a better overview.
So after some searching I found this great Grafana dashboard that uses scripts to import all the information from the router. So I started to set up the server that imports the data and shows it in Grafana but I run in to some problems straight away. It began with the authentication with took some days to solve but now I'm stuck with another problem. One of the scripts is using the update.cgi as an URL to access some of the info but it looks like it doesn't work. When i paste it in my browser I get redirected to the login screen straight away and nothing more. So because of that the server can't import the data.
Does anyone here knows how to get it working as it should?
My router is an RT-AC88U
I have flashed Merlin Version 386.4
The link for the project is https://github.com/jphilll/GrafanaAsusRouterMonitor

Here is the log output I get when I try to use the code

Code:
2022-02-13 21:25:40,916 - WARNING - Monitor started.
2022-02-13 21:25:44,326 - ERROR - Job "getData (trigger: interval[0:00:02], next run at: 2022-02-13 21:25:45 CET)" raised an exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apscheduler/executors/base.py", line 125, in run_job
    retval = job.func(*job.args, **job.kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/GrafanaAsusRouterMonitor/asusMonitor.py", line 134, in getData
    wiredRX1 = int(re.search(r'(?<=WIRED\':{rx:).*(?=\,tx)', speedResult1)[0], 0)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

This is the output I get from the running instance

Code:
/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/apscheduler/triggers/interval.py:66: PytzUsageWarning: The normalize method is no longer necessary, as this time zone supports the fold attribute (PEP 495). For more details on migrating to a PEP 495-compliant implementation, see https://pytz-deprecation-shim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/migration.html
  return self.timezone.normalize(next_fire_time)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!