What's new

how do I create a 2.4GHz network on my orbi95

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ibshopin

New Around Here
I purchase some smart light bulbs but they only work on a 2.4GHz network and I can't figure out how to set it up. It is driving me nuts.

I tried setting it up through telnet and it now shows a 2.4 and 5 GHz network but when I log in to my Orbi it only shows the 5 ghz.

What do I need to do??

Sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't find an answer.

Review the smart bulbs Mfr setup information. Orbi doesn't support separating SSIDs between the frequencies. If the devices only support 2.4Ghz, they won't try to connect to a 5Ghz SSID. Not possible. The Mfr of these devices needs to ensure there products work on wireless MESH systems that use Smart Connect and use only one SSID and PW for devices to connect too. This is probably a issue with your setup mobile device being on 5Ghz and the smart device only supports 2.4Ghz. The Mfrs setup software/drivers should be allowing the setup mobile device to be connected to either frequency during setup of the Smart device. Mfrs are not doing this for some reason when they should be.