What's new

How do I downgrade AC5300 to 380.59

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASadani

Hi All, I want to downgrade to 380.59, however, when I do that through recovery, the router gets messed up. The CPU Spikes constantly with CPU1 and CPU2. The pppoe connection stops working and the Telnet does not get enabled. The only way to fix this is to upgrade it back to 380.70+.

Is there a downgrade base firmware of stock or merlin that I can try to get me back to 380.59?
Much appreciate.

I have tried Reacue mode of the router to downgrade to the first version I believe to 384. The router wouldn't give access to the admin page even after the downgrade. The only way to make it work is to upgrade it back to the latest Merlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remove all usb devices if there are any , reboot, and retry
There are no USB devices connected. I think there is a base firmware that takes it back to factory. Not sure which one it would be though. In ddwrt typically there is a factory firmware and then you go up from there. Confused here.

remove all usb devices if there are any, reboot, and retry
With the attempt to downgrade, I even tried the initial version of DDWRT and eventually bricked the router. I got a brand new replacement manufactured in 2018 which came with the new firmware and was unable to downgrade that as well.

I believe going back down needs a separate code base. Any advise. help?

Hi All, I want to downgrade to 380.59, however, when I do that through recovery, the router gets messed up. The CPU Spikes constantly with CPU1 and CPU2. The pppoe connection stops working and the Telnet does not get enabled. The only way to fix this is to upgrade it back to 380.70+.

Is there a downgrade base firmware of stock or merlin that I can try to get me back to 380.59?
Much appreciate.

What problem are you trying to solve?

That version of firmware used to get me 80 mbps on Vpn. The new one gets me 30. It’s a fork. With Merlin I still get 80 but have range issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!