1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

How do I downgrade AC5300 to 380.59

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by ASadani, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ASadani

ASadani Regular Contributor

Hi All, I want to downgrade to 380.59, however, when I do that through recovery, the router gets messed up. The CPU Spikes constantly with CPU1 and CPU2. The pppoe connection stops working and the Telnet does not get enabled. The only way to fix this is to upgrade it back to 380.70+.

Is there a downgrade base firmware of stock or merlin that I can try to get me back to 380.59?
    Much appreciate.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Sanna1967

Sanna1967 Regular Contributor

4. ASadani

I have tried Reacue mode of the router to downgrade to the first version I believe to 384. The router wouldn't give access to the admin page even after the downgrade. The only way to make it work is to upgrade it back to the latest Merlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ASadani

Is there a reason the downgrade is not successful even though its being done through recovery? I even tried going down to the first official version and that too didn't start.

6. Sanna1967

Sanna1967 Regular Contributor

remove all usb devices if there are any , reboot, and retry

7. ASadani

There are no USB devices connected. I think there is a base firmware that takes it back to factory. Not sure which one it would be though. In ddwrt typically there is a factory firmware and then you go up from there. Confused here.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!