What's new

How to access 2nd router (ASUS RT-AC68U) login page while on main router (Fios G1100) WiFi network?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wrong hardware choice then. Good luck.
If you mean the Asus, it just happens to be the router I have to test with right now.
then either with this Asus or any other router firmware out there that you know of, is there a way to dedicate specific ports to VPN and specific ports to regular WAN?
Not sure if you noticed this part of my earlier post but I am looking for ANY router firmware out there with this capability. Obviously it needs to support openvpn as well. I do like the VPN support on this Asus though because of the simplicity of installing an openvpn client plus the ability to have 5 different profiles so have 5 different locations of VPN servers installed, AND how quick and easy it is to switch between the profiles. I haven't seen such a user friendly interface with any other firmware yet. What hardware would you suggest?

Not sure if you noticed this part of my earlier post but I am looking for ANY router firmware out there with this capability.

I did, but the only options you have with this specific model are Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin.

What hardware would you suggest?

I don't know. Depends on what do you mean by "commercial application behind your efforts".

I did, but the only options you have with this specific model are Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin.
when I said "any router firmware out there" I meant for any router, not just this model

Regarding the "commercial application", I would prefer to PM you to explain but don't see an option for that. I'd rather not reveal my boss's idea in an open forum.

Last edited:
I probably can, but I don't want to. I don't like the approach. :confused:
No worries, I'm not a fan of the approach either but it appears that snbforums doesn't have a pm system. If you need further explanation of my overall objective in order to recommend another router, it would need to be in private but I think you should have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking to do, so the why shouldn't be necessary.

I'm not a fan of the approach either but it appears that snbforums doesn't have a pm system.

By "approach" I mean asking for help in a community forum with an idea to use the results for some commercial purposes. Right or wrong, I personally don't like that. Someone else may want to help you further, I'm out.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!