What's new

how to bypass transparent DNS filters and hijacking with merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jefry

New Around Here
Hi all,

I know you can do this on dd wrt by inserting in command box such as this :(save startup and firewall)

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to <GETFLIX DNS SERVER 1>:5300
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to <GETFLIX DNS SERVER 1>:5300
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to <GETFLIX DNS SERVER 1>:5300
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to <GETFLIX DNS SERVER 2>:5300

can i also do this on merlin ? how to do it?

thanks

Hi all,

I know you can do this on dd wrt by inserting in command box such as this :(save startup and firewall)

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to <GETFLIX DNS SERVER 1>:5300
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to <GETFLIX DNS SERVER 2>:5300

can i also do this on merlin ? how to do it?

thanks

Read up on DNSFilter. There are threads devoted to it on the forums, and it's also explained in the README. That will most likely allow you to reach your goal through the webui.

hi. i have tried to read all the articles and thread about this dns filtering.

basically the situation is like this : my isp put a control over dns by putting a transparant dns proxy. if i put any value in my dns (whether it is wan or lan dhcp), it will be ignored by the isp.

does this mean by using dns filtering and set it to custom and input my desired dns, i can by pass this isp restriction?

thanks in advance

nb:
just donated 10 dollar
here is the confirmation number by paypal
Confirmation number: 57G83724XV5238414

hi. i have tried to read all the articles and thread about this dns filtering.

basically the situation is like this : my isp put a control over dns by putting a transparant dns proxy. if i put any value in my dns (whether it is wan or lan dhcp), it will be ignored by the isp.

does this mean by using dns filtering and set it to custom and input my desired dns, i can by pass this isp restriction?

No, DNSFilter still relies on port 53. If you need to redirect to a different port you will have to cook up some iptables rules like you were doing with DD-WRT. Put these rules into a nat-start script.