What's new

How to change listeningport of the GUI via SSH

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Freakandel

New Around Here
Hi, I've installed an Asus AC-RT88U at a friend's place al long time ago. My modus operandi when installing routers is to change the standard GUI port for an extra layer of protection. In this case, my friend hasn't noted the portnummer and cannot get into the GUI anymore. A portscanner doesn't reveal a logical open port. I think (hope) that SSH is configured and activated, but I do not know the command to read (or change) the portnumber of the GUI. Can someone help me out here?

Last edited:
There is always the "reset and reconfigure" option :)

If nobody has accessed it so long that nobody knows the ports, you may want to show your friend how to update the firmware. Not much point in changing ports for protection and not applying patches for known vulnerabilities :)

Hi, an update on this thread > seemed SSH was not enabled so couldn't get it working. Full reset to factory defaults was the only option. Firmware updated and soon it was working again like a charm. Thanks for your support!