What's new

How to change the name of router on authorization page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gjf

Hi!

When trying to connect to the router via Web Interface the authorization page informs about the model of router.

In my case it shows: RT-AC68U.

Is it possible to remove it or rename it due to security thoughts? Maybe it would be good to change it to the "Device name" from the LAN page?

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 588
Under the Advance Settings of the main menu: LAN and then Device name

Have ýou tested ??
I think that I misunderstood your question...
It is a little bit like asking to change the same name on the welcome page ?
Don't know, other that changing the web login page code to not display it, because I suppose that it is an important information, not least because it could be used to make a check when upgrading the firmware ?

Attachments

• asus-16.jpg
    asus-16.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 298
Under the Advance Settings of the main menu: LAN and then Device name
Please read my post once again and look on the screenshot.
I believe you will understand what I mean and that your suggestion doesn't work as for now.

When I logged in no one cares about welcome page - if I provided a correct login/password - sure I have to know what is the model of my router.

But when I try to log in - why it is necessary to present what is this model?

Experienced system administrators always remove all sensitive information from such initial login page because it gives to attacker additional ways how to exploit it.

Please read my post once again and look on the screenshot.
I believe you will understand what I mean and that your suggestion doesn't work as for now.
It was already understood when I replied (and it was the reason of the reply)...:)

When I logged in no one cares about welcome page - if I provided a correct login/password - sure I have to know what is the model of my router.

But when I try to log in - why it is necessary to present what is this model?

Experienced system administrators always remove all sensitive information from such initial login page because it gives to attacker additional ways how to exploit it.
It's indeed a good practice, and was just saying that the solution was probably to not print that information, and therefore to look at the web page code to get that result.

Originally Posted by huotg01
I just wanted to point out that it was probably the same variable, to help the search...