What's new

How to change wired SSID

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonnyB

Occasional Visitor
I recently updated my AC68U to Merlin 386.1 beta4. When I did this I changed all my wireless SSID names. However, the wired connection stayed the same as before the upgrade and I cannot find where I am able to change it.

Sorry, I don't understand. An SSID is the name of a WiFi access point. A wired Ethernet connection doesn't have an SSID.

Do you mean the routers domain name for LAN clients?
1610974352055.png

What @dave14305 said.

This might help too;

My computer has been on a wired connection now for 6 months with the wifi turned off. Still says I am connected to YoungPO 2.

Got to love Windows

My laptop is plugged into one of the LAN ports. If I unplug this, it connects to the wifi network that I set up in Merlin. If I click on the internet icon in the system tray, it shows the SSID of the network I am connected to. If I am using wifi, the SSID that shows is "NewWifi". If I connect to the LAN port, it shows "MYSystem". The old wired SSID (MYSystem) does not show anywhere in Merlin so that I can change it.

Go Into network and internet settings. Then to change adapter options. Right click on your eithernet adapter and rename it to what ever you want.