What's new

How to easily switch between TorGuard's dedicated IPs?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chigden

Occasional Visitor
I'm about to sign up with TorGuard for its dedicated IP for streaming services. The windows client has a UI that allows you to select which IP you're using, but I'll be using the streaming IPs on non-windows devices so I won't have access to that app. Right now I need to configure this for a single tv running Tizen OS but I'd like a general solution that's OS independent. So, I'm looking at alternatives configuration. How have you configured the streaming IPs and how to you switch between the two?

I did some searching and there are lots of articles that bind VPNs to one of the guest networks. Can I bind the IPs to one of the router's guest network in a similar way?

And there's also some specific routing tools (I'm on Asuswrt-Merlin) that may do what I want (VPN Director? x3mRouting?) but I want to be sure before going down those rabbit holes. Could these tools help? If so, how would I switch between the two IPs on a single device.

I'm about to sign up with TorGuard for its dedicated IP for streaming services. The windows client has a UI that allows you to select which IP you're using, but I'll be using the streaming IPs on non-windows devices so I won't have access to that app. Right now I need to configure this for a single tv running Tizen OS but I'd like a general solution that's OS independent. So, I'm looking at alternatives configuration. How have you configured the streaming IPs and how to you switch between the two?

I did some searching and there are lots of articles that bind VPNs to one of the guest networks. Can I bind the IPs to one of the router's guest network in a similar way?

And there's also some specific routing tools (I'm on Asuswrt-Merlin) that may do what I want (VPN Director? x3mRouting?) but I want to be sure before going down those rabbit holes. Could these tools help? If so, how would I switch between the two IPs on a single device.

Torguard (streaming bundle) gives you 2 streaming IP's and you can configure both IP's on your Asus@Merlin router. What you can do is assign a subnet to each VPN. Yes, you use the new VPN director feature to do this.. In older Merlin firmware versions you'll have to add rules in each VPN client section.

I also have Torguard (+streaming IP's) and my setup looks like this (VPN Director, latest firmware):
1624715688716.png

Devices with IP's 192.168.4.1 - 192.168.4.254 are routed to VPN4 (Torguard #1)
Devices with IP's 192.168.5.1 - 192.168.5.254 are routed to VPN5 (Torguard #2)

In the VPN client settings, make sure this setting is set as follows:
1624716623060.png

Make sure you use different ports (for example UDP port 443 for TG #1 and UDP port 995 for TG #2). If you don't do that, you will experience routing issues (TG #1 works and TG #2 doesn't). Using different port number assures that you will have assigned local VPN IP's in different subnets..

Torguard gives you the option to choose what protocol (TCP/UDP) and port number to use.

You won't need additional scripts to achieve this..

Switching between VPN is easy, you just change your device IP.. For example, you change your IP from 192.168.4.10 to 192.168.5.10 and vice versa)

Hope this helps.

Last edited: