What's new

How to find out where is the internal antenna in ZTE router motherboard?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mark777

Occasional Visitor
I have a router model ZTE F660 according to the paper at the back of the router, from the interface after login in the router it looks like a ZTE F609 more. However what i need it has to do with motherboard of the router. This ZTE model has internal antenna for Wifi. I want to replace internal antenna (because Wifi range isn't enough) with an external antenna. I have already some omni directional antennas 5 Dbi and 7 Dbi. But after I opened the router I can't find where is or are these internal antenna or antennas, and where is made the connection with the motherboard. I have already all the external antennas, cables and other stuffs to replace the internal antenna. I can provide even photos of the motherboard. If somebody can show where should I sold the cable to install external antenna?
IMG_4605.JPG
IMG_4606.JPG
IMG_4607.JPG
IMG_4608.JPG
IMG_4609.JPG

I have a router model ZTE F660 according to the paper at the back of the router, from the interface after login in the router it looks like a ZTE F609 more. However what i need it has to do with motherboard of the router. This ZTE model has internal antenna for Wifi. I want to replace internal antenna (because Wifi range isn't enough) with an external antenna. I have already some omni directional antennas 5 Dbi and 7 Dbi. But after I opened the router I can't find where is or are these internal antenna or antennas, and where is made the connection with the motherboard. I have already all the external antennas, cables and other stuffs to replace the internal antenna. I can provide even photos of the motherboard. If somebody can show where should I sold the cable to install external antenna?View attachment 17946 View attachment 17947 View attachment 17948 View attachment 17949 View attachment 17950
IMG_4610.JPG

If other photos are neccessary write wich parts of the motherboard need other photos to make

What do you mean with FCC ID, do you mean the model of th router?
It's the letters and numbers printed on the case label next to where it says "FCC ID". :rolleyes:

If you don't see an FCC ID you might have a CMIIT ID instead.

Or just post a photo of the label.

Last edited:
Could it be written CMIIT ID. This is what I find in the case and has these code: 2011DP2822
IMG_4613.JPG

If it doesn't help something else where i can check?

It appears to be a F460. But the F660 is probably just a variant of it. Unfortunately there are multiple versions of it and I can't find one that matches your pictures.

It appears to be a F460. But the F660 is probably just a variant of it. Unfortunately there are multiple versions of it and I can't find one that matches your pictures.
Doesn't this router's motherboard have some parts that are known what is their function, by looking at them and knowing if it is wifi or something else? For example that regarding photos I included in question: 1- what is that blue part with cable at the back of the router with the cable going in front of motherboard and conecting and solded in four points in the front of motherboard ; 2- What is that metalic piece in the motherboard which looks to be by cooper metal material, it is not like usuall parts that are in a motherboard.

The blue component appears to be a fibre optic cable. I can't make out anything else because your pictures are too low resolution to read what's on the board.

The blue component appears to be a fibre optic cable. I can't make out anything else because your pictures are too low resolution to read what's on the board.
I will write tomorrow, in my country is a bit late now. For the photos with better resolution I belive that I can do something to have more clear view but in fact I was hoping that somebody would know by looking at the motherboard where is located usually the antenna. No way really it seems that what I like to improve in my devices looks not to work as it should usually. Usually the routers have some internal antenna with a cable and that you can locate very easy where it is solded and where you can sold the new cable of the external antenna. But in this router it seems to be frustrating really. However I thank you writting and trying to support for the question.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
The first 6 images that I have upload are for the front of the motherboard their position is like this:
1 2 3 - first three for the top part of the front of motherboard
4 5 6 - next three for the bottmom part of the front of motherboard

4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

last photo as that coper metal component that is conected in two points, even if you see the back side of the motherboard (that I will upload photos after for that) you can notice that

Last edited:
The other photos uploaded are for the back of the motherboard and are positioned like this:
a b c - first three for the top of the back of motherboard
d e f g h - next other photos are for the bottom of the back of motherboard (more photos for that blue component that has a cable)
a.JPG
b.JPG
c.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG
The last photos are to show what has that blue component (that could be possible not to do at all with with wifi antenna, and probably that Coper Component in the first images has to do with antenna, or even that not at all and other components could have to do with wifi)

I have uploaded all the photos 16 are, with better resolution showing all the motherboard, thier position is decribed in the other describtion of all the photos uploaded. If somebody can find where should sold the new external antenna in this motherboard I would apreciate a lot