What's new

How to find out where is the internal antenna in zxhn h108n router motherboard?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dkarm

New Around Here
i need to add external antena to my old router and i've seen someone did it before in youtube vidoe but i can't find it anymore
5005c194e2981c20ff07f3ef6c6ff52b87106d92_2_666x500.jpeg

Do you have a higher resolution picture?

From a google search it looks like that model has two antennas. They appear to be where I've marked them in the picture below.
384481661_24147183661562760_5801937907543504919_n.jpg

so can i add one like this insted of

From a google search it looks like that model has two antennas. They appear to be where I've marked them in the picture below.
View attachment 53352

this's the best res i can get i hope it's good to u
382321351_345802214466802_7521294760002667549_n.jpg

384429275_297263896378154_8338000005802136013_n.jpg

so can i add external antena like this to it and how ?

Your pictures are still much too low res to be certain. But my guess is that the grey coax cable going from top to bottom is taking one of the radio's outputs to the antenna that's etched onto the PCB at the bottom right. You could possibly desolder that coax cable at the bottom end and connect it to an external antenna. Be careful not to bridge the centre wire to outer screen when doing this. These cables are very thin and difficult to work with if you're not already proficient with soldering.

See how the grey cable is connected to an external antenna in this picture of a different router:

Last edited:
You would add it where the existing internal one is at or even better just us a external AP vs modifying that equipment.

You have what you need right here - there's two PIFA antennas - one is the bent metal, and the other is part of the circuit board...

I would recommend not playing around with the RF solution here - as the antennas are already different, they've been matched to provide the appropriate level of performance with a balanced uplink/downlink.

Playing around with the radiated solution here likely will not improve performance - rather it will degrade things...