What's new

How to setup 3 hours limit usage on guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MacminiFR

New Around Here
Hello guys,

I still looking for the answer to avoid my kids spending all day long on internet :)

Just wondering how to set up Guest WiFi access to have the possibly to be connected 3 hours max a day between 8h to 23h.

If I can use parental control to configure the access time for specific mac address, If I can configure the Guest network 3 hours up time

I don't know how to configure each kids mac address to wake up this network when needed during the period until they have reach the 3 hours limit.

I have an AC66-u Asus router, running the last Merlin firmware (August 17th)
I had a lot difficulties to have the router working correctly :(

Any idea will be welcome.

Regards.

Mac

if kids use wifi - you can use wireless scheduler to enable/disable wifi by time.

if you want only guest network down - use cron jobs to down and up guest network at specific time

if you want 3 hours during day - you need billing system that can calculate time of use.

"if you want 3 hours during day - you need billing system that can calculate time of use. "

Tks, I need to think about it, if I can make money with the kids internet access :D
I tought the Asus AC66u was the solution, I'm probably wrong :(

What if you want to set data allowance within your Guest Wifi, is that possible to do it? i.e 100megs per day

What if you want to set data allowance within your Guest Wifi, is that possible to do it? i.e 100megs per day

I'd guess that there would be a way to do this with scripting. But you'd have to consider all the extra crap one gets when accessing various webpages. It would be hard to figure what the numerical limit should be. Blocking ads and such would help. Trying to correlate a particular data limit number with time would be very difficult, as it would vary greatly depending on what the user was doing.