What's new

Skynet How to verify manual IP ban

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
I have a game server banned. Seen a suspicious server pop up when I browsed servers. Copied the address, manually entered the IP to ban. Went to log the IP for future banning when upgrading firmware and the same address was in my ban list. How can I verify through Skynet the manual IP bans I made?

Thanks

I have a game server banned. Seen a suspicious server pop up when I browsed servers. Copied the address, manually entered the IP to ban. Went to log the IP for future banning when upgrading firmware and the same address was in my ban list. How can I verify through Skynet the manual IP bans I made?

Thanks
syslog

I'm talking about the manual bans I made when I first installed the latest release firmware, not the one I just made.

Code:
# firewall stats

will shows Skynets' stats (duh) and among the output which will be printed to stdout (your terminal) by default, you will see the last 10 manual bans.

So a manual IP that was banned can be accessed. I banned a game server that allowed IMO cheaters, about 3 months ago. The server is showing up in the server list. I double checked the IP and it's the same one I banned 3 months ago. So something is acting a little funny.

So a manual IP that was banned can be accessed. I banned a game server that allowed IMO cheaters, about 3 months ago. The server is showing up in the server list. I double checked the IP and it's the same one I banned 3 months ago. So something is acting a little funny.

That it's showing up in a server list, doesn't have to mean you can actually connected to it, or vice versa. If it's blocked by Skynet, you simply can't.

The overview is of available servers is probably generated elsewhere and has nothing to do with you blacklisting a specific server in your routers firewall. I'm not a gamer so I don't know how these things work exactly but I can imagine that it makes no sense to expect that it wouldn't show up in the list of available servers because you banned that it locally. For that you should have the possibility to blacklist (or simply hide) that specific server on the platform of the game playing.

The IP afaik isn't saved by some cache, the server list is refreshed. This is not the behavior of how a manual IP I blocked worked before. When the list of servers were blocked none of them showed up in the server refresh, and the game hasn't gone any updates in a while. You may be right, I didn't try to connect to it but this is not the way I use to see things. I could give it a try and see if I can connect to it, if I can I'll re-install Skynet.

EDIT: I just tried connecting to the server and I am able to connect to it. Something is wrong somewhere with my settings, possibly.

Last edited: