What's new

Hui Zhou Gaoshengda Technology Co.,LTD in my Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Venkatesh Padmanabhan

New Around Here
Today I set up a ASUS RT-AC58U router, and added NordVPN to the Modem using OPENVPN (in router settings). I downloaded the app provided by ASUS to monitor my network traffic. I was shocked to see the following company „Hui Zhou Gaoshengda Technology“ as part of my network. I have no idea how did they join it, and what does it mean. I blacklisted the device from my device connection.

Wondering if any of you had similar experience with ASUS & NordVPN. Is it a security flaw? Any suggestion would be really helpful.

Attachments

• 9B101EC0-D474-4202-8AEB-3C4793774804.png
    9B101EC0-D474-4202-8AEB-3C4793774804.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 5,251
Probably the manufacturer of the WiFi interface in one of your devices

Since the connection was over Wifi, it's unrelated to your VPN tunnel.

I had the same show up on my device list "Hui Zhou Gaoshengda Technology." Two actually were listed. They ended up being my smart TV's. I figured it out by unplugging the TV's and checking the list again. I plugged them back in and was able to add "user text" to each TV listed to identify them.

Today I set up a ASUS RT-AC58U router, and added NordVPN to the Modem using OPENVPN (in router settings). I downloaded the app provided by ASUS to monitor my network traffic. I was shocked to see the following company „Hui Zhou Gaoshengda Technology“ as part of my network. I have no idea how did they join it, and what does it mean. I blacklisted the device from my device connection.

Wondering if any of you had similar experience with ASUS & NordVPN. Is it a security flaw? Any suggestion would be really helpful.

TCL Device, TV or others.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!