What's new

Hyper Backup rsync - 218+ to 115j - I'm confused now on the results

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

db9

Occasional Visitor
Recently had a NAS failure and have recovered data to a new NAS (DS218+) while the data is also on a USB drive I had thought I'd add a DS115j and copy the data.
The Data on NAS1 is a shared folder (data) containing a number of folders (music, users (with sub directories) backup app install files etc)
As a test I selected rsync copy (both NAS are on the same LAN) select destination (NAS2) and its shared folder (NetBackup) with destination folder as "user_name". Then prompted for the source I selected a small folder within the "DATA" folder on NAS1. (example ... /data/user_name) as a test
When the transfer is done on NAS2 I get a folder structure that has the data contained in user_name/data/user_name (?)
What I was hoping to see is the ability to have as source.. data/user_name and the destination as netbackup/user_name.. maybe this isn't a real expectation or the intended result on my part.
Ultimately if there is a better way I'm open for suggestions.

Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!